"Further excessive waiting times"

About: Lancashire Care NHS Foundation Trust / Adult mental health

A further example of Lancashire Care NHS Foundation Trust and its excessive waiting times. I have now been referred to a specialist group by the trust which is in itself a positive, but, again, this involves a 3 months wait. The whole service is below an acceptable standard, if it was a mixed discipline trust (catering to various physical problems as well as mental health problems) I could somewhat understand the mental health related issues being put on the back burner, as they so regularly are. However, in a trust that is almost entirely dedicated to mental health treatment it would be hoped that waiting times for access to mental health services would be somewhat less dire. Sadly not.

Response from Sarah Harrison, Head of Hearing Feedback, Lancashire Care NHS Foundation Trust

Many thanks for your posting about the waiting times for our services. We are sorry to hear about your experience accessing this therapy. As in your previous posting we would welcome the opportunity to talk to you about the issue as it will be difficult to resolve the issue without having that conversation. Please feel free to contact me on 01772 695315.