"Excellent Care"

About: Southmead Hospital

I've just arrived home after an unexpected stay at Southmead. I went in for day surgery but had to stay in because of my drowsy reaction to the anaesthetic.

As the op was for the removal of tumours, I expected it to be a tough visit but from the time I arrived in the Breastcare Centre, then on to Theatre 11, Level 3 medi rooms and finally ward I.R, all of the staff were caring and efficient, they could not have been bettered. A special thank you to nurses who stayed with me in recovery (and who made me laugh a lot) and on ward I.R, and all of the lovely staff in Radiology in the Breastcare Centre.

Absolute stars all of them :)

Response from Southmead Hospital

Dear Rachel – thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your very positive views of the Breast Care service and facilities at Southmead Hospital. I was pleased to learn that the staff were able to put you at ease and that things went very smoothly for you. I will pass on your positive comments to those areas concerned and I wish you all the best for a speedy and full recovery. Kind Regards – Steve Sykes Advice and Complaints Team Manager