"Outstanding treatment"

About: Royal Orthopaedic Hospital

I was referred to the ROH after a ct scan at my local hospital showed what was thought to be bone cancer.

I received an appointment within a week and was put at ease the moment I stepped through the door.

My consultant put my mind to rest immediately by telling me they were almost 100 per cent sure it was a haemangioma, and not cancer, but would like to do a bone biopsy to confirm it.

Although relieved, I was a bit apprehensive about the biopsy, but again, they reassured me that it would be under a general anaesthetic and I wouldn't feel a thing.

I was sent for my pre-op tests there and then and came away overwhelmed by the treatment and care that I had received.

A couple of weeks later I received my appointment to be admitted.

Again I was treated with care and respect by all the staff.

I was warned of any complications that might occur, but thankfully it all went smoothly.

I cannot praise the staff enough, especially the orderly/cleaner on Ward 12 who kept bringing me a lovely cup of tea.

The nursing staff were exceptional and I would recommend the ROH to anyone who requires first class care and treatment.

Thank you to everyone.

PS. The food was good as well.

Response from Sally Xerri-Brooks, Head of Communications, Communications, Royal Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how you got on. I am glad to hear we were able to care for you in a way that worked for you. With very best wishes to you in the future.

Sally Xerri-Brooks