"Eye clinic"

About: Queen Mary's Hospital

I had a follow up appointment at 8.15. I arrived at reception and was told to take a seat. At about 8.30 a nurse started asking who was next. Several patients had been booked for 8.15 so it was up to us to decide what order we should be seen! As well as this my concerns are that: very few members of staff wore any id or introduced themselves.

During my consultation the door remained open and I could hear the consultation of the patient in the next room.

The doctor I saw gave me very little information about the tests they were conducting or the reasons for follows up.

I am an NHS employee and understand the pressures of working for the NHS but feel that these concerns can be addressed irrespective of funding/ staffing issues.

Response from Queen Mary's Hospital

Thank you for posting your comments about your visit. We are very sorry to read that you were dissatisfied with your consultation.

We are very sorry that your experience is below the standard we expect for our patients. There are two eye services working out of the Queen Mary's Hospital site from hospitals other than St. George's Hospital. If you would like to talk to the service about your experience and if you have not done so already, then please contact the PAL Service at pals@stgeorges.nhs.uk or on 020 8725 2453 where staff will see what they can do to help.