"The ward was busy but the care and attention was faultless"

About: Tameside General Hospital / General surgery

I went into Tameside hospital today to have my gallbladder removed. I checked in with the receptionist. A short time later a lovely nurse named Bella introduced herself and took me through to the ward. Bella explained what would happen, expected times of surgery etc.

I am not the best with needles but Bella was reassuring, patient and really good. ( not a bad experience at all).

A short time later I met the surgeon and the anaesthetist - both were very helpful and explained what would happen.

Upon going for surgery I was put very much at ease by a gentleman on the anaesthetics team. Unfortunately I cannot remember his name but he was fab. He answered all my questions, what's that? , what does that do? and so on. The anaesthetist then did his magic and I was back on the ward, job done.

The ward was busy but the care and attention was faultless. I cannot thank the staff for the care I received. I'm only sorry that I cannot remember names because they were all brilliant.

I would absolutely recommend this hospital to my family and friends. Thank you very much to all the staff.

Response from Helen Howard, Head of Patient Experience, Tameside and Glossop Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for these lovely comments you have posted regarding the Surgical department

I have passed these comments onto the department on your behalf this will be a great morale boost for all.

Helen Howard