"The whole process was excellent"

About: Stobhill Hospital / Ophthalmology Western Infirmary/Gartnavel General / Ophthalmology

I recently underwent cataract surgery at Stobhill Hospital, Glasgow and was seen by Dr David Yorsten with follow up at Gartnavel General. Dr Yorsten was pleasant, engaging and informative. My procedure was carried out very well with good staff support and good advice about post operative care. The whole process from assessment to surgery to follow up was excellent. Dr Yorsten made me feel at ease and confident about my treatment. The surgery had a very positive impact on my vision and quality of life. I also received a very good assessment from Denise the Optometrist at Gartnavel.

The physical environment at Gartnavel could have been better.

Dear AEM,

I'm sorry that I have not responded to your post until now - I'm not sure how I have missed it, apologies for that.

I will make sure that your kind comments are passed directly to Dr Yorsten and Denise, as it is clear that they played a massive part in this whole experience being so positive for you. I am glad that the operation was such a success and that this has had such an amazing impact on your quality of life.

Thank you for sharing your experience, it is much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

• AEM thinks this response is helpful