"The carers are fantastic, they are a great help"

About: Castleview Day Care

(as a service user),

I started coming to the day centre after my dementia diagnosis.

I love it here. It’s good you can meet other people. I enjoy the activities that stimulate the brain, like quizzes. I don’t want my brain to go to mince.

The food from Auchenharvie during the school holidays was so much better than the usual.

The carers themselves are absolutely fantastic, they are a great help. You can go to any one of them and they go out their way to help. All the carers are different, all are good at their job.

Sometimes I feel there are not enough staff. They’ve to do so much through the day. When someone is off there is no one to cover, even if the staff member is off for weeks.

With all the cutbacks we don’t get to go on trips any more. I don’t know exactly what the problem is. I loved going to centre stage so miss not going there.

Response from Tony Fisher, Team Manager, North Ayrshire Council We are preparing to make a change

Dear Currie

Many thanks for taking the time to highlight your thoughts about your care experiences within Castleview Day Service.

It is good to hear that you enjoy your time when visiting the centre and that you find the activities meaningful and worthwhile.

There are no cut backs to our day services but I will look into the issues that you raise about not getting out on outings the way you used to.

I will also pass on the points you make about the catering arrangements to my colleague who deals with that service.

I hope that you continue to enjoy the service and thanks once again for getting in touch.

Best wishes

Response from Tony Fisher, Team Manager, North Ayrshire Council We have made a change

Hello again Currie,

I just wanted to update you on the part of your story where there was an issue with regards to the quality of the meals when the service provider changed from one school to another.

One of my colleagues from the Facilities Management Service who provide the catering for our day services has had a look at the quality control within the schools and she will report back to me if she finds anything that can be detected and improved upon.

I hope that you have noted an improvement in the standards since you posted your story and I will of course keep an eye on this element of our service provision.

Please note my thanks again for your story and for getting in touch.

Best Wishes