"It couldn't be better"

About: Castleview Day Care

(as a service user),

Everything at the day centre is good. It’s a good day out, I can’t complain about anything.

The bus picks me up from my house. I feel safe because the staff check the switches are off in my house, they lock my door and help me get my jacket on.

When we arrive we get tea and toast; the staff don’t make it until you sit down so it’s nice and fresh

You get lunch; there is always something you can eat, you get a choice. I really enjoy the food

There are so many different activities to do; it’s horse racing today, it’s a good laugh.

The staff do a good job. Alan is a right comedian, singing and dancing. Everyone speaks to you.

We sometimes go out on trips. We went for tea to a place with beautiful tablecloths and china cups. We also go to centre stage where all the staff sing and dance and then soon everyone in the hall is singing. It’s great we can go there in the centre bus. We also got on a summer trip to Girvan, we had a lovely packed lunch with delicious sandwiches.

It couldn’t be better

Response from Tony Fisher, Team Manager, North Ayrshire Council

Dear Newhouse

Please note my thanks for taking the time to highlight your thoughts on your service.

It is always good for us to receive feedback from the people we support about the services that are designed to meet their needs and it is particularly satisfying for us to hear about services that are popular.

I will make a point of passing on your comments to the manager of the service and I thanks you once again for getting in touch.

Best Wishes