"I'm glad of the company"

About: Castleview Day Care

(as a service user),

I’ve been coming to the day centre for about two years. It’s nice to meet other folk and have a wee blether. I certainly enjoy coming, the company is the number one reason but I also like that you get a meal. It can be cold to arrive at the centre after leaving a warm house but the staff will give me a blanket to heat me up. Everything is fine.

I’m glad of the company at the day centre, when you’re on your own you get lonely and the young ones are all out working. I’ve got a good neighbour who buys the Sunday paper for me and puts it through my door. My sister calls me from New Zealand but I could never afford to phone her back, it would be good if there were better rates for older people to keep in touch.

Response from Tony Fisher, Team Manager, North Ayrshire Council

Dear cstn4,

Many thanks for taking the time to contact us about your service and experience of Castleview Day Service.

It is good that you are enjoying meeting other people at the centre and that you are able to have a blether and catch up with others who attend.

In terms of the telephone, is there any way of discussing the plan that you are on with your telephone service provider to see if there any more cost effective options for international calls?

Once again please accept my thanks for getting in touch.

Best Wishes