"Very angry with outpatient"

About: Royal Berkshire Hospital

I've been to the r.b.h several times and had two lots of surgery, always been happy with my experiences there until today I have been quite ill for some time, had an op in May to fix my problem but unfortunately it's not helped much, received an appointment for outpatients which I' was really pleased about. Arrived there today to be told that my appointment had been cancelled im very upset with this bearing in mind my g.p is 99% sure I need another operation for the infection that I have had since May. I had no letter or no phone call. I now have to wait another two weeks until I can be seen.

Response from Royal Berkshire Hospital

We are deeply sorry that you had this experience in our Outpatients Department. On investigation into why your appointment was cancelled it was found that the consultant who had requested to see you was not in clinic that day. This does not excuse why you did not receive a letter informing you of the change of date. This issue will be raised with the administration team to prevent it happening again. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience and any anxiety caused.