"Unable to get an appointment - Radiology"

About: Barnet General Hospital

I have an request letter for an ultrasound scan given by my GP on the 20th August 2015, and I was told that I should receive an appointment letter within 2 weeks, and I have wait for 2 and half weeks and did not receive anything, and I tried to call the number given (020 8216 5100) for days, it is always answered by a machine and telling me the department that I am trying to contact is busy and asking me to call back later, and just hang up, did not even give me an option to hold for longer.

I have no other choice and tried the email address given (rf-tr.bh-radiology@nhs.net) and just received "out of office" reply, saying that "We have recently implemented a new radiology information system which has raised a number of challenges. We sincerely apologise but we are working through the issues and are unable to respond to your email at present.".

As I was reading the reviews from others and seems there are other patients experiencing exactly the same situation like me. So seems this is not a single case but happening more often. I really think the hospital should do better than this, and care more for their patients.

At this stage, I can not get through the phone call nor the email, I really do not know what else I can do just to get an appointment. Feels like been left in the middle of nowhere, and really disappointed.

Response from Barnet General Hospital

Hi there, we're sorry to hear that you've been struggling to get through to our team in radiology. Please contact our patient advice and liaison service (contact details on this page: https://www.royalfree.nhs.uk/contact-us/patient-advice-and-liaison-service/), who will be able to help you.