"I was taken good care of."

About: The Tunbridge Wells Hospital

I went to A & E on the evening of Thursday 20th August at 7.00pm.

Understandably, there was an hour and a half wait before I got to the triage stage.

I had broken my wrist and was in severe pain.

The Triage nurse was lovely and explained what would have to be done (manipulate the bone back into position).

The technician in xray was very pleasant as were all the staff I encountered throughout the long night including the person who pushed the trolley and the reception staff.

However, huge thanks to the doctor and team.

Between us, my best friend Jan and I managed a giggle or two, although the whole experience for me was pretty horrendous having never broken anything before.

A and E is never going to be quick but we left feeling I had been taken good care of.

Thank you everyone.

Deborah Tyson

Response from The Tunbridge Wells Hospital

Dear Deborah

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your experience in the Accident and Emergency unit at Tunbridge Wells Hospital and for being so understanding regarding the length of time you spent in the department. We were pleased to learn that you were taken such good care of and that you found all the staff so helpful. We will certainly pass on your comments to the Matron for A & E so that she can share your praise with the team. With kind regards, the PALS team.