"Accident and emergency"

About: Darlington Memorial Hospital

My wife was taken to a& e at Darlington hospital with severe back pain she was seen by a (doctor) in which they gave her a morphine injection and sent her home telling her to get some tiger balm it turned out that my wife had three slipped discs surely any doctor worth their salt should have realised something was wrong it just seemed to me they were on a time limit to see each patient as soon as the morphine wore off the pain was back.

Response from Darlington Memorial Hospital

Thank you for providing feedback on your wife's visit to A&E at Darlington Memorial Hospital

I am very sorry to hear that you were unhappy with her experience on this occasion and we will make sure your feedback is passed to the Matron.

We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns with you and if you would like to contact us with some more detail it would enable the Matron/Manager to look into your concerns for you.

If you feel this would be useful please contact the Trust’s Patient Experience Team on 0800 7835774.

If you would prefer to contact us by e-mail, our address is patient.experience@cddft.nhs.uk

If you do decide to contact us, please make us aware that you have left comments on the NHS Choices website.

The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients.

Thank you for leaving your comments on NHS Choices.

Patient Experience Team