"Staff kept everyone upbeat"

About: Victoria Hospital / General Surgery

All you hear are bad reports on the NHS, so I was very wary when I had to go in to the Victoria Hospital, Kirkcaldy for an operation.

I should not have been concerned as when I entered Ward 31, I was greeted by the senior charge nurse and taken to my room. The staff on the ward were exceptional, especially the day shift nursing assistants, who went the extra mile to ensure your stay was comfortable.

A special thanks to N/A Sandra for my soup lol and S/N Sharon who were second to none. Full of laughs and kept everyone upbeat.

Response from Louise Ewing, Patient Relations Manager, NHS Fife

Dear Deblorc

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your positive experience which was great to hear. Coming into hospital is never easy and unfortunately it tends to be the bad news stories that make the headlines, which can be very frightening. I am sure the staff in Ward 31 will be delighted to receive your feedback as will the Management Team, so I will gladly share your post with them.

Your post has made me stop and think about the importance of positivity in the workplace and the important role of laughter, so today I pledge to make someone smile, thanks to you!

Wishing you a speedy recovery