"5 star treatment"

About: West Cumberland Hospital

I recently had a TURP done and an overnight stay in Pillar Ward. My journey through began in Skiddaw Ward, where I was immediately put at ease ready for the operation. The surgeon and their team were fantastic. At no time did I feel other than relaxed. After a short time spent in the recovery room, I was cared for overnight in Pillar Ward, where the staff were always friendly and polite. Nothing was too much trouble.

I returned five days later to Skiddaw Ward to finish my treatment to be welcomed by the same smiling faces going about their business in a thoroughly professional manner. I was very impressed and extremely grateful for all that had been done for me.

Response from West Cumberland Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I was delighted to read your comments regarding the excellent way the staff cared for you. I can appreciate how concerning it can be to come into hospital so to received care like this must be comforting.

I have passed your comments to the Matron for sharing with staff and also to the Director and deputy Director of Nursing.

I do hope you are recovering well best wishes and many thanks

North Cumbria University Hospitals NHS Trust.