"Triage is dreadful"

About: St Mary's Hospital (London)

Im having a very complicated pregnancy and have to had to visit the triage department many times. The midwifes are over run and you can feel this when there, everytime i have been seen by a midwife within reasonable time but then put back in the waiting room for 5-7 hours for a doctor! You feel rushed and alot of the times i have been there the answers to what is going on is usually "we dont have an answer to why this has happened"...they are the qualified doctor and midwife and cant explain why im having theses complications!! Its shocking! .... I must give it to the Antenatal Assessment unit, most midwifes are amazing and understanding and do try there best to make you feel reassured. I just hope i get answers soon to my complications as this is adding to the worry. Also this is my second child and my previous child was born prematurely you think theyd be more determinded to find out whats going on.

Response from St Mary's Hospital

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust is very concerned to read your posting about your experience accessing the triage department at St Mary's hospital.

We are sorry to hear that you are having a complicated pregnancy which is causing you to feel distressed and you feel that the clinicians you have seen are not assisting you.

Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) would like the opportunity to discuss this further with you.

We would encourage you to call PALS on 0203 313 0088 or email PALS on pals@imperial.nhs.uk