About: St Mary's Hospital (London)

We arrived in the early ours of 2nd September - my 93 year old mother in law had, had a fall and had broken her hip. The ambulance staff were professional and reassuring, calm and caring.

A&E staff - nurses, managers, doctors, assistants every single one was fantastic, caring, professional and treated Margaret (who has memory issues) and myself (who was a littleanxious and upset) with respect and care. Whoever was in charge - I would like to give them praise too - the tone of a ward is set by the leaders and no-one was defensive, abrupt or 'jobsworth' - so thank you and well done.

All the orthopaedic doctors/anaesthetists (we saw 2 sets on shift change at 8am) where calm/reassuring and professional and explained everything well.

An exceptional service. Thank you all so much

Response from St Mary's Hospital

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust is very pleased to hear you and your mother in law had a good experience whilst attending A&E at St Mary's hospital. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. Your feedback is very important to the Trust and has been passed onto senior managers.

We wish your mother in law a speedy recovery.