"A and E is awful."

About: Arrowe Park Hospital

Patient is elderly person who fell and complained of pain in both elbows, only one was x-rayed - she was told the other one was 'probably ok' as the pain was not as bad as the x-rayed arm. Patient returned three days later as pain continuing with swelling, finally had other arm x-rayed and it was broken also. This patient is a vulnerable person at risk of falls who not referred on to other services or offered care despite having both arms in slings and unable to wash, dress or eat.

Absolutely disgusting 'couldn't care less' attitude of staff. Do the receptionists even want to work there? Needless to say the after'care' is a joke.

I myself went a couple of years ago with torn ligaments in my ankle, was given crutches but not shown how to use them, I promptly had an accident with them, lost my balance and broke my toe so had to return.

I really, really wish this wasn't my local A & E department, as I wouldn't trust the medical staff there with my life, or the lives of anyone I care about.

Response from Arrowe Park Hospital

We are very sorry to hear about the experience you have described in our Emergency Department. We are committed to the provision of high quality care for all patients, however we realise that there may be times when we do not always get things right.

We have recorded your comments about the Emergency Department and shared your experience with senior management for the department. We record and monitor all feedback, positive and negative, about the experiences our patients have.

We would to investigate the concerns you have described in detail (we would need consent from the patient involved to disclose any confidential information regarding their care). If you would like us to do so, please ring the Patient Relations team on 0151 604 7660, email wih-tr.Complaints@nhs.net or in writing to Patient Relations team, Arrowe Park Hospital, Arrowe Park Road, Upton, Wirral, CH49 5PE. The Patient Relations team can discuss the best way that we can try to address your concerns.