"Thank you"

About: Queen's Medical Centre

I would like to thank all the staff I have met at QMC in ward C4 and C5 , in C4 looking after my mother who is 85 and has a broken hip and my short stay with dislocated ankle after being run over by a car in hospital car park in C5. The staff are unfailingly kind, courteous, and caring and have helped a lot by phone as well whilst I was unable to visit for 2 weeks after my accident.

I am very aware of the pressure on a pre and post op ward andwitnessed much kindness to people who are delirious and even violent when patients which is amazing. My mum her self has been very confused and helped a lot.

My only concern is for joined up care as my mother has several non orthopaedic conditions which are not getting looked at quickly enough by other departments not responding despite junior docters asking for help . I hope this will be resolved soon as it will impede her recovery.

Response from Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you for taking time to share details of your mother’s care at QMC. I’m pleased your mum has received good care. I’ve shared your comments with the teams on Wards C4 and C5.

I would like to address your concerns about your mother’s treatment during recovery. It would be helpful to talk to you about this in more detail. I’d appreciate it if you could get in touch with me directly on caroline.wise@nuh.nhs.uk or 0115 9249924 ext. 62008.

Kind regards,

Caroline Wise.

Matron MSKN.

Response from Queen's Medical Centre

Kind regards, Caroline Wise. Matron MSKN.