"I feel let down"

About: Crosshouse Hospital / Trauma & orthopaedics

I had an appointment for removal of metal plate and screws in my right ankle and was all ready to go to theatre when they relaized that I have previously had a blood clot and am on the mini pill so I couldn't have my operation.

I feel really let down as no one anywhere told me to stop taking it. I now have to wait 4/6 weeks for a new date and I am in pain all the time.

Dear Tuck,

It is so disappointing when you get psyched up for something and it does not take place, particularly when you are in pain. I am not sure how this was overlooked but if you would like me to try to find out, please contact me on 01563 826222 or email me at eunice.goodwin@aapct.scot.nhs.uk. It may be something we can prevent happening again which has got to be good for everyone. I am really sorry this has delayed the removal of the metal plate and screws in your ankle and I hope the time flies by for you, except that will take us nearer Christmas, which will come soon enough.

I wish you well for the operation and hope the pain in your ankle is tolerable until your op.

Eunice

p.s. I am not sure I should mention the ‘C’ word in September.

Dear Tuck,

I passed this to Natalie, a senior manager for Orthopaedics and she asked me to post again. She would very much like to talk to you about your situation. if you would like to do this, could you please call me on 01563 - 826222 or email me at eunice.goodwin@aapct.scot.nhs.uk

Eunice

Thank you for contacting me, I will pass your details on as we discussed.