"Outpatients (Blood Tests) phone reception"

About: Queen Elizabeth Hospital (Greater London)

I received a terrible service today when phoning the Blood Tests department to ask for information on fixing the date for an analysis.

The person answering the phone was extremely rude, unhelpful and incapable of dealing with the sensitive matter I was calling about.

Response from Queen Elizabeth Hospital

Please be assured that we are putting changes in place immediately to ensure this does not recur, I am in the process of arranging a customer care course for all Phlebotomy staff and I have met with the reception team to express my sadness and disappointment that a member of our team had come across in such a way . Actions have been taken to ensure that this type of experience will not be repeated. Once again, I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for any distress and inconvenience you have experienced and that we appreciate all feedback, which is essential if we are to develop our services to meet the needs of our patients.

Kerry Plummer

Pathology Support Services Manager Pathology Clinical Business Unit Lewisham and Greenwich Healthcare Trust