"NHS patients are bottom of the pile"

About: Bmi - The Clementine Churchill Hospital

after getting a referral on the NHS and being advised this is the best place to be seen, I called to confirm an appt 5 days prior only to be told it has been rejected. My GP has not been informed of this, and was surprised to hear it. I then spent the afternoon speaking to 6 different members of staff at Clementine only to hit a brick wall when I said I was NHS.

If you want a good attitude from staff, do not go to this hospital unless you are willing to pay for it.

As an NHS patient, you are not a concern, and any attitude policies apparently do not apply to you.

I didn't even manage to get an appointment as despite being referred to ENT for the problem of a blocked nostril they cannot see me because I am a clinical risk...... for having a blocked nostril! Who can help if the people that are meant to refuse? I am sure a private referral would have been accepted if accompanied by full payment!

Response from Bmi - The Clementine Churchill Hospital

We are sorry to read that you have had a bad experience and certainly we try to ensure that all our patients are treated equally and there is not a differentiation in the service given to patients. In order for us to investigate this further and also look to ensure this does not happen I would like you to make contact with either myself or my colleague Claire Armstrong at the hospital to establish which staff members you spoke with and when, and so we can also review why the referral was rejected.

David Henderson Executive Director