"Outpatient experiences"

About: Barnet General Hospital

I first visited Barnet General`s ENO dept. for my hearing.

The department was extremely busy and full but I was seen more or less on time.

I was very pleased with all the treatment I received.

I was fitted with a hearing aid, again everything was done on time and I was impressed by the kindness of all staff who were working under pressure.

In March I was taken ill in the night and the emergency GP was called, paramedics also attended and I was taken by ambulance to Barnet General.

I was treated immediately upon arrival and again I cannot speak too highly of all the medical staff I saw then and during the rest of the day.

I have been back to the Cardiology Department since for several appointments.

Apart from the day when the Consultant did not turn up I have not had to wait to be seen and every person I have had contact with has been excellent.

On the one occasion when the Consultant was absent I saw another cardiologist who was `bussed in` from Chase Farm, they were working under great pressure but they were polite kind and professional throughout.

I have no complaints, only praise, for Barnet General Hospital and for all my dealings with the NHS.

I am 75yrs old and have had plenty of experiences of the NHS.

Response from Barnet General Hospital

Thanks very much for your lovely feedback, we're delighted to hear that you've had a good experience at our hospital. We'll be passing your comments on to the various teams you mention.