"Absolutely nothing"

About: Harrogate District Hospital

Absolutely nothing

Nursing care was of a very poor standard.The doctors could not make a diognosis of my wifes' condition.She had to go to St,James'Hospital to find out what her illness was.The doctors'who treated my wife with chemotherapy were at best blase and at worst neglegent.

I am writing this on behalf of my wife who passed away in August 2008.Personally speaking,if I have a problem that requires hospital treatment I would go to Leeds or York.

I would strongly recommend anyone to avoid Harrogate District Hospital.This,I know won't be published but you did ask!!!!

Response from Harrogate District Hospital

Thank you for your feedback, which we always greatly value, whether it is positive or negative, as we are constantly striving to improve our service for all who use our hospital.

I am very sorry to learn of your wife's death and that you are very dissatisfied with the service you received and the treatment she had, at this very difficult time. Should you have any specific issues that you would like to raise with us, you can contact the Patient Feedback Team on 01423 555 499, email thepatientfeedbackteam@hdft.nhs.uk or write to Mr Richard Ord, Chief Executive, Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust, Lancaster Park Road, Harrogate, HG2 7SX.

Chris Watt