"Fantastic experience - great staff, very efficient"

About: St Mary's Hospital (London)

I visited yesterday with an injured hand and had absolutely fantastic service - thank you. The receptionist, was attentive, polite, helpful and even updated my address on the system. I waited just a short time for the streaming nurse, who was absolutely lovely, super-efficient and ordered my xray immediately.

There was a short wait for the xray, but they radiographer asked me to wait and I knew what was happening. Communication was very good at all times, and they were extremely reassuring and professional.

I was then directed down to the Urgent Care Centre to wait a little while to be reviewed by a doctor. The doctor was kind, thorough and gave helpful, clear advice and fitted a splint. The doctor also advised me regarding what to watch out for or be concerned about and when to seek further advice.

I absolutely recommend this service.

Response from St Mary's Hospital

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust is pleased to read your posting on NHS Choices about your experience in A&E and the Urgent Care Centre at St Mary's hospital.

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and they have been forwarded to Managers in those departments.

We wish you a speedy recovery.