"The compassion and care was second to none"

About: Queen Elizabeth University Hospital Glasgow

My relative was a patient in Ward 51 for a period of time this summer. I cannot praise the nursing staff enough, the care and compassion they showed my relative were second to none.

I couldn't help but notice however that they were worked ragged and appeared understaffed, however they did not let this effect the care they delivered. My relative was constantly praising both the nursing staff and the nursing students on the ward especially Dianne and Andrew!

Thank you all for providing the service that you do!

Dear HappyRelative

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts on your relative’s care within Ward 51, The Queen Elizabeth University Hospital during the summer. I am delighted to hear that both the care and compassion shown to your relative by our nursing staff meant so much at what must have been a difficult and anxious time.

It is often how our staff provides care to patients that can make all the difference during treatment. I will make sure your thoughts are shared with the staff in Ward 51, especially Dianne and Andrew.

I hope that your relative is now doing well.

Best wishes