"If I need anything someone will come"

About: Cornerstone Castlecraigs Court

(as a service user),

I’ve been living at Castlecraig for one year and a half.

I like it because I have a button I press if I want to go to the toilet or go to bed, if I need anything, and someone will come.

I do a lot of activities; I like to go to the pictures, go shopping, to the disco and I like helping to make dinner. If I don’t want to do something I say no. I decide.

The staff are very helpful and put me at ease

It would be better to have more staff. I don’t always get to do the activities I want because there are not enough staff.

Sometimes when I buzz to go to the toilet I need to wait, usually about 20 minutes. I would like the staff to come quicker.

Response from Kenneth Stirling, Operational Manager, Cornerstone We are preparing to make a change

Thank you for letting us know about the service you receive from our Cornerstone staff team at Castlecraigs Court.

I'm really pleased you you're able and supported to make decisions about the way you want to live your life and that your staff are very helpful, I'll be sure to pass on your compliments to the staff team.

I'm sorry you're not always able to do the activities you want to do, and sometimes having to wait for staff to respond. I would be happy to meet with you to discuss the extra resources that you feel you need to do the activities you want to do, and how your allocated support hours could be reviewed by Cornerstone and North Ayrshire Council to meet your personal care needs.

Again, thank you for letting us know about your service and I look forward to meeting you.