"Excellent A&E department, wonderful staff"

About: Royal Free Hospital

I went to the Royal Free Hampstead A&E in the middle of the night last night after speaking to 111 who recommended that I should go. I am so pleased with the care I received and would like to express my gratitude to all the wonderful staff who looked after me so well during my stay. I was kept well informed throughout the whole time and a lot of tests were taken which made me feel I was being really properly treated. In the middle of it all I started hyperventilating and was really freaked out by it as I had no idea what was going on. The nurses were absolutely amazing as was the doctor who came to see me, explained what was happening and stayed with me until it passed. I felt like I was really being listened to and cared for which is really quite brilliant from people who have never met me before.

Thank you everyone at the A&E department, you are all doing such amazing work over there while remaining in great spirits.

Response from Royal Free Hospital

Hi Laura, thank you very much for your lovely feedback, we're delighted to hear that you had a good experience at our hospital. We'll pass your comments on to the team in A&E.