"An example of why the NHS is a National Treasure"

About: Queen Alexandra Hospital

I attended A&E after having chest pains - I was Triaged almost immediately and then taken round to Major treatments quickly.

The Staff Nurse was polite, professional - working quickly explaining what they were doing and was exceptionally proactive (Doing a second ECG as they knew that the Doctor would ask for one, saving valuable time)

The Treating Doctor explained everything - from what they were looking for from the tests they were doing, and the other possible causes of the pain.

In the end the tests showed that I thankfully hadn't suffered a Cardiac Episode :)

Thank you to the entire team at QA - You do a fantastic job, under often trying circumstances.

Response from Debra Johns, Patient Experience Officer, Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Mark W Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your positive feedback. I was sorry to read of your experience, but was glad to note the positive outcome. Please be assured that your comments have been shared with the Teams involved. Should you ever need to share your views with us direct, good or bad, then please contact our PALS Team on PHT.PALS@porthosp.nhs.uk who will be happy to help and advise. Kind regards. Debbie

Response from Queen Alexandra Hospital

Dear Mark W

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your positive feedback.

I was sorry to read of your experience , but was glad to note the positive outcome.

Please be assured that your comments have been shared with the Emergency Department and Teams involved.

Kind regards.