"visit to a & e"

About: Worcestershire Royal Hospital

I have had severe dental/facial pain all weekend. Both the doctors and dentist have no out of hours care except a message to dial 111.

111 is uselss regarding this matter as they will only help if you have bleeding or swelling. I visited the a&e because i was/am in severe pain. I was expecting to have strong painkillers or antibiotics. I cannot eat or sleep properly. All staff were unfailingly rude and obnoxious. The triage nurse said i should not be bothering them and I should have gone to dentist or doctor. I replied they are closed today (Bank Holiday) but they rudely and incorrectly insisted otherwise. I walked out at this point due to staff rudeness and will now have to suffer until tomorrow. I have diabetes so any possible infection should be dealt with promptly. Your staff need some serious retraining.

Response from Worcestershire Royal Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to feedback to us. I am very sorry to hear of your experience in our A&E department and am concerned with the issues you have raised; no patient should be treated this way. I would like to reassure you that we take any negative feedback seriously.

Please could you contact our Patient Services Department on 0300 123 1732 or email patientservices.dept@worcsacute.nhs.uk as we would like to look into this in more detail on your behalf.

Kind Regards