"NHS Complaint procedure"

About: NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde

I am currently actively involved with the NHS complaints process

My 1st contact was very satisfactory

The following contact was not

During that contact I realised that I would have to complain about that call because I had to make a complaint in the first place.

I tried to help myself

I now have to try and help not only myself to prevent me experiencing it again, but also others shouldn't have to.

Dear Mr Context,

I am really sorry that you have had such a mixed experience with the complaints procedure and would really like to talk to you about this to understand what could have been done better here and how we can take this forward with you as you continue through this process. You can contact me directly on 0141 201 5586, or by email at lorna.gray@ggc.scot.nhs.uk if you prefer.

I'd also like to tell you a bit about the Patient Advice and Support Service (PASS), which may be some help to you, or anyone else reading this who may be in a similar situation. PASS is a confidential, free, independent organisation which supports people in their dealings with the NHS, and can provide some assistance and support to patients going through the complaints procedure. Their website has more information and local contact details - http://www.patientadvicescotland.org.uk/.

I hope that this will help in some way as you work towards a resolution.

Best Wishes,