"Excelent treatment"

About: East Surrey Hospital / General surgery

My GP referred me to East Surrey hospital for checks to confirm if I had an internal problem causing pains in my chest and throat.

A gastroscopy was needed and I was offered an appointment within ten days of referral.

First I must comment on the most informative booklet I received than when I arrived at the hospital I was received quickly and though there may have been about an hour of sitting watching TV I was out in the car with my Wife driving us away within 3 hours of our earlier arrival.

Thanks to all the staff for what was almost a pleasant experience.

The test could not find the problem so a Colonoscopy was prescribed for 2 weeks.

I pointed out that I will be on holiday and so it was arranged for a Saturday 10 days after the first procedure.

This appointment went even smoother and quicker than the first. We were driving away less than 2 hours after arriving.

Again all staff were thoughtful efficient and fully informed me of what was going to happen.

The procedures are for a small camera being inserted down the thought and up the back passage I was not looking forward to either, but I shouldn't have worried as with excellent informative staff the procedures were made as easy as possible.

Thanks to the staff at the endoscopy unit.

Response from Barbara Bray, Chief of Surgery, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Happy Client. Many thanks for posting your story and I will ensure that the Endoscopy Unit staff read your feedback.

Best wishes

• Happy cliant thinks this response is helpful