"Couldn't have asked for more."

About: Epsom Hospital

I spent a whole day, yesterday, at Epsom Hospital (Wells Wing - Chuter Ede Ward) undergoing a full batch of tests. In addition to the medical staff who were efficient, understanding and above all professional in every way, I was so impressed with the kindness and attention received from the nursing staff. They were truly sympathetic and caring whilst attending to the needs of every patient throughout a very busy day on the ward. Whoever described them as "angels" was not far wrong. In addition to seeing repeated technical procedures carried out at regular intervals I watched as two different nurses attempted to help a very elderly and far from helpful patient with his feeding, on several occasions. A frustrating and thankless task. I felt privileged to be looked after by such kindly people, including the unappreciated auxiliary staff, and have nothing but praise for those whom I met during my fraught but happily short stay . All praise to the NHS and those who make it work. We must not knock it - but support it, and be thankful. Luckily, I left the hospital with a clean bill of health,relieved and happy. How lucky we are to have such a caring hospital, on our doorstep!

Response from Epsom Hospital

We're very pleased that you were impressed by our staff during your short stay in our hospital, we will pass all of your feedback onto the teams involved with your care. Many thanks for your comments.