"Promt and excellent care"

About: Northumbria Specialist Emergency Care Hospital

Took my 90 year old Dad to A & E on the advice of GP (following a fall). He was seen by a Doctor within 20 minutes and received excellent compassionate care from the nurses. Within 3 hours he had scans and x-rays and a nurse painstakingly stitched his arm and patched him up. He was involved and informed about his treatment at every step.

Response from Northumbria Specialist Emergency Care Hospital

So sorry to hear about your Dad's fall - a horrible thing to happen and for you to have to witness. It is lovely to know that your Dad received the prompt, effective and respectful care that he deserved.

Happier still that the compassion of our nurses shone through and that your father was appropriately included at each stage of his care and treatment. Many of our staff will appreciate just how distressing a fall can be and would want to pay their part by responding quickly and without th kindness . I do hope he is doing ok now that he is home.

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience of our new hospital - I will make sure the staff concerned have a chance to read it.

With best wishes to you and your Dad,