"Fantastic physios"

About: Southend Hospital

Straight after a ridiculous trampoline accident, where I felt a 'pop' in my knee, i went to a walk-in centre in Teddington, London. I was told i couldn't be referred to a fracture clinic, and i had to wait until the swelling went down before anything could be done for me. 10 minutes in Southend Hospital's A&E taught me that all of this information was rubbish and i should have been seen immediately.

After a few hours in A&E on Easter Sunday I saw a doctor. The doctor didn't think I had a fracture which was confirmed by an x-ray, and the doctor was also doubtful that I had soft tissue damage- regardless of this the doctor gave me a splint and some crutches and referred me to a physio who I say three days later (not a bad wait id say!).

The physio I saw was fantastic. I knew i was in the best hands as they explained to me what was likely to be the problem and putting me at ease with the prospect of an operation. A few weeks later i saw a knee specialist, who also 'fixed' my Dad when he had the same injury. Luckily for me i went private and, after an MRI and an arthroscopy, it was discovered i had completely ruptured my ACL, frayed my meniscus and bruised the bone on the inside side of my knee.

Bottom line - The physio's at Southend Hospital are fantastic, walk-in centres are a waste of time, but most importantly do not making a visit to these indoor trampolining places if you prefer your ligaments intact.

Response from Louise McIver, Patient Involvement Coordinator, Southend University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your post relating to our Physio department.

It is excellent to hear such positive feedback throughout your entire experience, we appreciate you taking the time to contact us.

I ensure you I will send all of your comments to the relevant staff and team and wish you well for the future.

Regards,

Response from Southend Hospital

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your post relating to your physio treatment - it is excellent to hear such positive comments and I am pleased to hear your experience met your expectatations.

I ensure you I will pass this to the relevant staff members and wish you well for the future.

Regards,