"Head Injury Saturday 22 August 2015"

About: John Radcliffe Hospital

i came in and not remembering my journey in the ambulance after drinking 4 large glasses of red wine without eating (something I never normally do) and was seen by the doctor who did a head scan and diagnosed a bad haematoma as I fell off the pub stool and hit my head on the slate floor; please can you get this message to the doctor and thank them for their concern and advising me to see my GP as my main injury to my head highted another problem, my high BP - I was not happy to stay at the Hospital as distressed and dehydrated but have since been to my GP and have bought a home bp monitor and having another blood test and ECG at my local Wallingford Hopsital, also prescribed medication but concerned about the side effects but the doctor is a first class doctor.

Melanie Beyba

Response from John Radcliffe Hospital

Thank you for providing this feedback, we're sorry to hear about your accident. I have forwarded this message on to the lead clinician in A&E from the night of your visit. We're glad that the doctor's concern and attention led to an issue being highlighted that could then be dealt with. We wish you well for the future.