"Day centre is so much fun"

About: Castleview Day Care

(as a service user),

I come twice a week to Castleview and it’s brilliant. It’s really helped me and lifted me. It’s so much fun. I started with once a week and asked to come more. The quizzes keep my brain moving and there is always something to do.

I’ve met a lot of new people. The staff are so good to us. The staff are all good; Alan makes us laugh all the time, he’s a character, Claire is a lovely girl and Hazel is terrific the way she organises things.

It’s much busier now than when I started, the centre must have a good name. It means the staff are much busier as they haven’t employed any extra staff. They still give us good attention anyway but I’m sure they could do with more people.

It’s a great club, I really enjoy it!

Response from Tony Fisher, Team Manager, North Ayrshire Council

Dear Kilbride

Many thanks for taking the time to contact us and for sharing your experiences with us regarding Castleview Day Centre.

It is of course, very reassuring for us to hear, first hand, about the services that we provide and of their impact on those we support.

Please note that I will make a point of passing on the positive comments you make to the staff in the centre.

I will also take a closer look into the issue that you raise about staffing levels and will check this with my colleague who is the external manager for all of the day services in North Ayrshire.

Once again, thanks for taking the time to get in touch.

Best Wishes