"I would recommend the centre to anyone"

About: Gowanlea Day Service

(as a service user),

I come to Gowanlea one a week and it’s excellent. When I’m unwell and can’t come I really miss it. I only come once a week as I have something to do on all the other days. When I was first offered a place at the centre I said no as I thought there were a lot of other people that needed it more than me but as my mobility reduced I said yes. I can only walk short distances now with my wheelie, I really need to go places by car.

They do things at Gowanlea that make youR brain work, I love crosswords and there are lots of games like dominoes and card games. We also do some physical exercises.

The staff are very good, you don’t get to stare into space, you’re kept busy.

We get occasional trips out to the shops in the bus, 6 at a time, and we will get to do a bit of Christmas shopping later in the year. At Christmas we get a lovely Christmas dinner. Every month the minister comes to give a service and we sing some hymns

I would recommend the centre to anyone. It is excellent and we are cared for very much.

Response from Tony Fisher, Team Manager, North Ayrshire Council

Dear klbrn,

Many thanks for taking the time to contact us with regards to your experiences of Gowanlea Day Centre.

I am pleased to read that you are enjoying the range of services that are on offer and that you enjoy the activities that take place in and out of the unit.

It is good to hear about the wide range of activities that are tailored to meet the needs of those that we support and it is also encouraging to hear that the staff are always looking for ways to keep you engaged throughout the day.

Once again, many thanks for getting in touch.

Best Wishes