"I thoroughly enjoy the day centre, it's just what's needed"

About: Burns Day Service

(as a service user),

I love it at the day centre. I’ve been coming one day a week since March but I might ask to start coming more. My doctor at Irvine central referred me, I had heard about the centre so was happy to come. I thoroughly enjoy it. I don’t get out at all on other days, this type of thing is just what’s needed.

The staff are all so nice, I get on well with them and we can gab away. You couldn’t meet nicer people, they are all friendly. I’m not embarrassed to ask them for help.

The meals are lovely, today was the first day that I didn’t like the food. The hairdresser comes which is great.

Having transport through the day centre is good, my mobility is not great and walking is difficult. It’s great they take you places on the bus, we go to Centre Stage in Kilmarnock, it’s a great afternoon. There is a big crowd and there is music and singing. We used to go every Monday and then every second Monday but now it’s so busy and there is such a demand that we are waiting on a rota system. I’m looking forward to going back, you meet different people, it’s really great.

Response from Tony Fisher, Team Manager, North Ayrshire Council

Dear jane22,

Please note my thanks to you for taking the time to contact us and for sharing your experiences about the services you receive from Burns Day Service.

I am particularly satisfied to hear about the positive experiences that you describe in terms of the friendships that you have made and the group interactions that take place when you are at the service, this is what the service is there to provide.

I hope that the one day where the food was not of the usual high standard was just a one off but we will monitor that on an ongoing basis.

Once again, many thanks for getting in touch with us.

Best Wishes