"Still Waiting!"

About: Royal Stoke University Hospital

I was referred in May by my GP due to pains in my kidneys, I was given a CT scan - had the results a couple of weeks later, then referred back for a more advanced CT scan (this took place in June!) I received my appointment letter a couple of weeks later - Wednesday 2nd September! Today (27/08/2015) I received a letter explaining my appointment has been cancelled & moved to Thursday 22nd October!

The letter also explained how if the pain becomes more severe I then need to go back to my GP for them to request an earlier appointment!

This is utterly disgraceful by the Urology Department - I will have been waiting 4 months just to find out what's wrong with my kidneys!

Response from University Hospitals of North Midlands

Dear "Sophie Shufflebotham"

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your experience of University Hospitals of North Midlands.

If you would like to contact our PALS Team (Patient Advice and Liaison Service) so that they can investigate the issues that you have raised further. The PALS Team can be contacted on 01782 676450 or 01782 676455 or by emailing patient.advice@uhns.nhs.uk.