"Physiotherapy appointmtent for my son for..."

About: Leicester Royal Infirmary

I visited the physio department at Leicester General back in May with my son who has difficulty walking correctly.

My son is autistic, partially sighted and has CP.

Having been to hosptial previously and treated like my son has leprosy as soon as you mention autism I was relieved and surprised that my son was treated as he should be a "human being"! The person I saw asked my son questions albeit they knew he probably wouldn't be able to answer.

The relief that he was treated with dignity was huge.

It was stated that my son would need to see orthotics and probably need special boots to assist his walking and a referral would be done and a telephone call would take place as it was not a simple case.

Here we are fast approaching September and still waiting! I've rang this morning to chase up the appointment to be told they are working on referrals prior to ours and its likely to be October.

I'm sorry but not good enough.

5 months is a long time in anybodies life that needs help but even more so for children.

Response from Leicester Royal Infirmary

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment.

We are really pleased to hear how well your son was treated when you visited in May, but sorry the referral has been so delayed. We would like to help you and look into your concerns, as well as improve our service for future patients. If you are happy for us to do so, please email your son’s details (name, address, date of birth, hospital number) to me - Emma.Pilley@uhl-tr.nhs.uk.

Kind regards,