"A&e, surgeon and pain clinic"

About: Tameside General Hospital

Dear all

I wish to sincerely thank everyone at Tameside hospital for the treatment I received yesterday (wed 26.7.15) I woke at 5.30 with searing pain in my back, I cannot find words that can adequately describe the pain. My wife phoned 'go to doc' who quickly put her on to North west Ambulance service. Who were prompt and started my treatment quickly by two very professional para medics.

I was admitted to A&E and my assessment and treatment was started straight away. Everything was explained and discussed with myself and my wife. I was seen by a A&E doctor, a surgical register and various nurses. All were caring, professional and compassionate and I thank them all from the bottom of my heart for the care they gave me.

We were just about to leave when the registrar found us to say they had managed to get us an emergensy admission into the pain clinic. They were just as efficient and caring. They found me somewhere to lie down because I was still in pain. The Consultant sorted out my medication and has made me appointments to see them for this Sunday and Tuesday.

Didn't some government minister sey that consultants didn't work sundays? What an idiot.

I would like to take this opportunity to say a big thank you from myself and all my family for the amazing care I recieved, and I dont want to forget the secretarys, porters, cleaners, pharmacy and all the other occupations needed to make this happen.

Response from Helen Howard, Head of Patient Experience, Tameside and Glossop Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for sharing these extremely positive comments with us.

I will ensure these are shared with all the teams across the Trust.

Helen Howard