"Excellent care for my terminally ill father"

About: Liskeard Community Hospital

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the staff of Willow Ward for the excellent care they provided for my father in his last days.

We had a terrible experience at Derriford.

The care at Liskeard couldn't have been more different. Everyone was kind, considerate, helpful, attentive, gentle and genuinely concerned.

Dad slipped away quickly. Faster than we expected. At all times the staff kept us informed and made sure he was pain free and comfortable.

The family were all allowed to visit at anytime without any problems. Once Dad had seen all his children and grand children, I feel he was ready to go.

The staff stayed by his side towards the end and were with him when died, whilst my mum was on the way to him.

So it is without hesitation that I recommend the team at Liskeard, particularly Willow ward and thank them from the bottom of my heart for their care.

Kind regards m wilson

Response from Liskeard Community Hospital

Thank you for the kind comments on the treatment your father received whilst in the care of the staff on Willow Ward at Liskeard Community Hospital.

We do pride ourselves of giving excellent patient care and we are so pleased this was the case with your father at this very difficult family time. We will make sure your comments are passed onto the staff on Willow Ward.