"Awful experience...."

About: Milton Keynes Hospital

I gave birth in March and ended up having a terrible time. I can't fault the 2 midwifed on labour ward as they were fantastic however there was a lack of communication from the start. The consultants were rude and had no compassion. It took over 24 hours and around 5/6 midwifes before any of them listened to me and by this point I was fairly unwell and needed a blood transfusion! They didn't check my stitches and I ended up with a terrible infection which I believe came from them not changing my bed covers nor helping me have a little clean. Ward 9 are under staffed and don't give you the time of day. I honestly would recommend choosing a different hospital to have a baby. I have been trying to file a complaint for months now and still no one can take responsibility for it all and tell me why things happened.

Response from Milton Keynes Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are very sorry that your experience of our hospital was not a positive one. We would like to look into your concerns further to find out what happened. Could you please contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on PALS@mkhospital.nhs.uk or call 01908 660033. Thank you.