"!st time attendee"

About: Royal Bolton Hospital

I attended for the first time in the first week of August 2015. The appointment was a referral from my optician via my doctor. Finding the department was very easy and I was soon seated awaiting my turn. There was probably 30 people in the waiting room despite an early appointment time. However 10 minutes later I was called for my initial assessment. This was handled very efficiently and courteously, although it did feel slightly rushed. Eye drops stung a bit but was pre warned. Was then passed on to the next department for a scan. No waiting time in between. Again this was handled very efficiently and courteously. The nurse had a problem initially because the eye drops had not sufficiently dilated my pupils due to the speed at which I had been processed. however it gave the nurse time to better explain what the scan was used for. Next step was to be seated in a second waiting room, this time about 20 people waiting, however 10 minutes later I was call to see the consultant. The consultation was conducted very professionally and the results fully explained to me. Further appointments were made on the day and confirmed to me a couple of days later by post. I was very happy with my overall experience. It is very evident that this department tries very hard to process its patients very efficiency.

Response from Royal Bolton Hospital

The unit can get very busy, but it is good to know you were seen promptly and that you were happy with your experience. Thank you for letting us know.