"Friendly and approachable staff"

About: Friarage Hospital Site

i attended the day surgery department following a referral for gynaecology this month and found that although the day surgery unit is incredibly busy the staff remained friendly and professional. They showed genuine care to patients and relatives. It was also nice to see staff enjoying their job and I was put to ease by every single person I met.

I only thought it was strange to not be given a discharge letter due to my experience at another hospital where following the day surgery I was given a copy on discharge. However this did not impact on my care. It just would have been useful to have something to refer too following anaesthetic.

I was also impressed with the gynaecology department when I was initially seen

Response from Friarage Hospital Site

Good morning

Thank you for your feedback, regarding the care and treatment you have recently received from the Friarage Hospital, Northallerton.

It is always pleasing to receive words of thanks and I very much appreciate you taking the time to contact us.

I shall certainly forward your kind words to the staff involved, who I know will be equally pleased to read them.

I am sorry to learn of your experience regarding your discharge information and I shall also ensure the relevant staff are made aware of your feedback regarding this.

I do hope you are recovering well.

With best wishes