"My totally unexpected stay in the P.E.H, Guernsey"

About: Princess Elizabeth Hospital / Emergency Department

I attended the A & E department at the Princess Elizabeth hospital suffering very severe pains. I was seen almost immediately and the nurses and the duty doctor were efficient, caring and capable. I was admitted to a ward later the same day, and I would like to record my gratitude to all the staff who cared for me during my four day stay. The tea lady who never forgot that I like my tea strong with no sugar, the cleaners who were so cheerful and thorough and the nurses who couldn't have been kinder or more caring. What could have been a nightmare was a most pleasant experience!

Response from Steve Hams, Interim Chief Nurse and Director of Clinical Governance, Health & Social Services Department, Guernsey

Dear Nananina,

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to share your experience. I know the team will be delighted with your feedback.

Reading your story reminds me how important the little things make a big difference when your in hospital, like a strong tea with no sugar. Wishing you a speedy recovery.