"Completely supported and relaxed"

About: Airdrie Community Maternity

I am due my first baby early October and have been in regular contact with my midwife throughout the pregnancy.

Although my pregnancy has gone smoothly so far (touch wood), I have always felt completely supported and relaxed about my the appointments, information and support my midwife is giving me. My midwife makes me feel comfortable and I am reassured that if there is anything that I am worried or confused about she is only a phone call away. All information and details were made available to me from day one.

I am thankful for my midwife appointments and think that there is sufficient time allocated to discuss any problems or concerns that I have. Great care overall.

Response from Maureen McSherry, Consultant Midwife, Maternity Services, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear little k

thank you for your kind comments. It is lovely to hear that your relationship with your midwife is a very positive one. It is important for you to have a midwife who listens and gives information you need to obtain the maximum benefit from your antenatal care. I will be happy to share your comments with the community team.

best wishes