"UCC to A&E to ward"

About: Hillingdon Hospital

On attending the UCC I went to reception and was seen by the triage nurse within bout 5 minutes. Due to wheezing and tight chested I was told A&E would call me due to how busy they were that night I waited abiut 20 minutes, once I went to be reviewed by minor A&E I got sent to majors straight away.

After initial treatment with nebs and steriods and various other drugs I was reviewed by the medical team and ICU to decide on the next action to be taken. After review by ICU it was descided I was stable enough to be transfered to the respiratory ward.

Throughout the whole experience I was kept informed of what was happening and the likelihood of a few days hospitalisation,

I am severly neddlephobic but the doctors and nurses took the time to listen and do bloods in a way that caused least amount of stress for me. I felt looked after at all stages of treatment from first ariving to admission and stay on ward.

Response from Hillingdon Hospital

Firstly may we thank you for taking the time to post your comments. It is always good to receive feedback from people who have received a good service whilst under our care and in keeping with the expectations that we as a trust have strive to deliver to all those people requiring our assistance. May we take this opportunity to wish you a speedy recover from your recent episode of ill health.

I shall ensure your comments are shared with the staff within those areas. Noreen Rice, Emergency Care Service Manager