"Excellent Cancer treatment"

About: Hairmyres Hospital Monklands District General Hospital / Medical Oncology

I was seen at Hairmyres breast clinic in May 2014 having noticed a lump. By the end of the day I had been given an ultrasound, mammogram and biopsy and the following week was scheduled for breast conserving surgery in early June.

Since my surgery I have been treated with chemotherapy and herceptin, radiotherapy and Tamoxifen.

The care throughout my treatment journey has been nothing short of exceptional. I am due to have my final herceptin treatment in the next month and I am eternally grateful to all staff involved in my care.

Response from Margaret Kelly, Service Manager, Cancer Services, Monklands Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Hi Lucyvp

Many thanks for taking the time to write to us about your experience while attending the breast service at Hairmyres. This must have been an extremely anxious time for you.

I'm pleased to hear that your journey was carefully managed as we try our best to ensure that all patients are investigated, diagnosed and treated without any delays, in a kind caring environment.

I will pass on your kind appreciation to all the team involved.

I'm delighted to hear that you are reaching the final stages of your treatment.

Good luck in the future and thank you again for sharing your experience.

Warm regards

Margaret

• Lucyvp thinks this response is helpful